In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mono masculineenterito masculine River Plate
- They are stocky guys with full-faced helmets, gloves, and yellow jumpsuits made out of some thick material.
- They all wore matching dull silver jumpsuits, and all had shaved heads.
- He wore clothing that looked like a cross between a tuxedo and a jumpsuit.
- He zipped up the black jumpsuit and gathered up as much ammo as he could carry.
- I was dressed in a black jumpsuit, a black coat, and black pants.
- I had the cloths for various jobs and classes, brown jumpsuits of workers, white business suits, yellow lab coats, and an array of green service outfits.
- This uniform is a lot better than those tight jumpsuits we wore back in the day.
- They usually dress in stylish gray jumpsuits befitting of party animals.
- Lauren has regularly used band collars, epaulets, braid, pea coats, aviators' jumpsuits, and military tailoring as signs of crisp, effective women's attire.
- We love jumpsuits because they are everything fashion should be: flattering, easy to wear, sexy and hip.
- As the man got to his feet, firm muscles were outlined beneath the jumpsuit's sleeves.
- Among the garments are smart jumpsuits and form-fitting cardigans, loose sweat pants and comfortable singlets, and even party wear such as cropped tops and wraparound skirts.
- The pale blue of the wall sharply accented their silver jumpsuits, as they tried their best to remain ‘incognito’.
- Trade in her hideous orange jumpsuit for her usual couture!
- Some changed back into their uniform jumpsuits, but most just stayed in their underclothing.
- Dressed in an orange jumpsuit and blue rubber slippers, he started running.
- Their silver jumpsuits and oversized sunglasses added more flavor to the moves.
- He was wearing a white jumpsuit with some weird silver symbol on the shoulder.
- One example was dressing hostages in orange jumpsuits to mimic U.S. treatment of detainees.
- Participants are being urged to get into the spirit by pulling on tight trousers or a spangly jumpsuit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.