In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1colegio en el que se imparten los dos o tres primeros años de la enseñanza secundaria
- I was in my senior year in secondary high school, my sister was a senior in junior high school and the twins were in elementary school.
- The other important issue is the use of luxury textbooks, not only in senior and junior high schools, but also in elementary schools.
- The remainder came from two elementary schools and one junior high school.
- The Californian state assembly has voted to ban soda sales to elementary school students and restrict sales of the drinks at junior high schools.
- In reversing that decision, the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the law applied only to colleges, not to junior high schools.
- The textbook is for use in junior high schools from the academic year of 2006.
- It is also currently being expanded to junior high schools.
- The foundation conducted the survey among 1,501 teachers at elementary and junior high schools in June.
- My first job was at a junior high school in southern Colorado Springs.
- We left our old junior high school and moved into the nearby high school.
- I was working with a class of at-risk readers in a local junior high school.
- Thirty junior high schools, nine high schools and three higher secondary schools have been affected.
- Martha is a lunch-hour supervisor at the local junior high school, where she also coaches soccer and basketball teams.
- She is in the fourth year at a public junior high school, where her favorite subject is mathematics.
- At the time, any educator who was modern, progressive, and scientific, or so it seemed, supported vocational and industrial education and the spread of junior high schools.
- It took him five years to finish junior high school because of poor grades.
- The village only has an elementary school and a junior high school.
- Garfield was a three-year high school, and the junior high schools that fed it offered only basic math.
- Gray Davis signed a bill last year banning elementary and junior high schools from selling sodas starting in January.
- Three of the children attend public junior high schools in Japan.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.