In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1yonqui feminine informaldrogadicto masculinedrogadicta femininepichicatero masculine Southern Cone Peru informalpichicatera feminine Southern Cone Peru informalI'm a soap opera junkie — soy adicto a las telenovelas
- Where does the average information starved Net junkie go in such a case?
- Only two respondents in this sample were currently relapsing addicts / junkies.
- The EU, US, Japan and other subsidy junkies must kick the habit.
- I was born a junky, weaned off heroin using methadone in the first weeks of my life.
- Since being with my wife even the junkies I hang around with say they've noticed a big difference in me.
- They should stick to the issues - like why they don't want crack heads and junkies to go to jail.
- For the past eight years, Moira's been on methadone, a drug most imagine only junkies use to get off heroin.
- It's comparable to finding junky hypodermics in the gutter at the Magic Kingdom.
- Like all addicts, Blackberry junkies are easy to spot.
- I thought my destiny was to be a heroin addict, a junkie for the rest of my life; I couldn't stop myself and I didn't know a way out.
- I love my computer; I think it's quite safe to say that I am complete computer junkie.
- It's like the junkies who do drug runs for their dealers for a couple of hits.
- Leo tries selling drugs to some junkies, but they refuse to pay.
- However, I'm a noise junky, and a compulsive multitasker, so the TV's on most of the time.
- With my fabulous culture junkie friends Peter and Jaq, we went to the movies last night.
- Teenage drug users in Alice Springs take offence to being called addicts, junkies, criminals and so on.
- Whether you are a junky or a functional addict, heroin runs your life.
- He was a popular culture junkie and spent a lot of time in high school watching old movies on television.
- Fiercely proud to be British, he said it made him miserable to ‘have our prime minister kowtow to a power junkie in Washington’.
- The subsidy junkie label was not unreasonably applied to many farmers.
- I know, that's the basic form addiction takes, and anyone who knows me properly knows I'm a complete caffeine junkie at the best of times.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.