In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1jurado femininemiembro de un jurado masculine
- But it also avoids the half remembered, anachronistic memory of the juror in the jury room.
- There is no basis for any criticism of these jurors, nor for the jury as a whole.
- A judge declared a hung jury after jurors said they were hopelessly deadlocked.
- At least half of the benefit of jury questioning is the ability to observe a juror's demeanor.
- A majority of the jurors were members of a political party that owned the company which had published the alleged libel.
- After a 51-day trial the jury acquitted; the jurors seemed to dislike the legislation.
- A basic predicate of jury service is the juror's ability to render a fair and impartial verdict.
- Current grand jury secrecy rules apply only to jurors, prosecutors and courtroom staff.
- The judge exempted all the jurors from jury service for five years because it had been a difficult case.
- This is a case where the jury that was empanelled were 15 jurors to hear the evidence.
- Obviously that's a very subjective sieve to push through a juror, because the juror has to make an introspective judgment of himself.
- The jury had been deliberating for more than eight hours when the majority verdict of 11 jurors was taken.
- No one suggests the jurors could be sued for negligence because they made a wrong decision.
- For every ‘cause’ challenge to a juror, the attorney making the challenge must give a reason.
- What would we say, for example, if a juror brought habeas corpus against the bailiff?
- The 12 jurors were the second jury to hear the case - last October the first jury failed to reach a verdict.
- And I have been heartened by the knowledge that judges have sat on juries or been potential jurors in the USA.
- It is clear from the papers that the two jurors identified in this letter were themselves members of ethnic minority communities.
- She stared at the judge as the head juror spoke the jury's personal message.
- If jurors you think are sympathetic to you get on the jury and bad jurors for you get off, you're happy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.