In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tribuna del jurado feminine
- Yes, that's correct there, on the judge's right hand and on the judge's left is the jury box, and the witness box.
- It means what you twelve men and women sitting as a jury in the jury box would regard in a common-sense way as the cause.
- Beverly observed her first drug court session from the jury box where all incarcerated participants are held.
- One way to do it might be to create a divided courthouse - with doors in the wall of one building, leading directly to jury boxes in the other building.
- I can see that it is a question on which the opinions of plain men and women in the jury box and judges who have now to perform their function may reasonably differ.
- The six men were sitting in the jury box in the magistrate's court.
- Beyond the cold numbers generated by historic fact, McKanna puts people in the jury box, on the witness stand, and on the bench in western courtrooms.
- Using large video screens placed at either end of the jury box, the prosecutors repeatedly showed an animated simulation of a knife slicing into a human chest.
- How do 12 men and women - sitting in a jury box - process all the information they're bombarded with?
- There had, however, been a disturbance in the gallery and some disturbance in the jury box itself.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.