In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1golpe de kárate masculinegolpe de karate masculine Latin America
- But don't worry, Mi Ling and Cleopatra Jones take care of business in the explosive karate-chop shoot-out action finale.
- All at once, Alex's flat hand had made one swift karate-chop to the side of the man's face, rendering him unconscious in seconds.
- The two-plane swing also produces great distance; the karate-chop motion of the arms is a powerful lever.
- And the knife came down towards my head, and doing the only thing I could think of, I took my right hand and doing a little karate-chop move, the knife and his hand slid right past me and my shoulder, missing me!
- Ayane's arm snapped out in a karate-chop that slammed into the side of Tamiya's nose.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.