In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He will know how many pints can be got out of a keg of beer, and what percentage can be attributed to ‘evaporation’.
- So I walked into the kitchen and filled up another glass of beer from the keg.
- The owners of this bar have been very good to us, and occasionally even send down kegs of beer in the summer for special parties.
- After this it will be stored for conditioning, filtered, then packaged in bottles, cans or kegs.
- A keg of beer sat in a shiny galvanized tub in the shade.
- As to gifts, among those given to Charles was a five-litre keg of muscat brandy, vintage 1996.
- Aside from that there was a large barrel of mead and a keg of fine ale.
- It is very difficult to weigh or otherwise measure the contents of a keg of beer to determine consumption.
- It involved lugging bins of scraps, changing kegs of radioactive dishwasher detergent and, worst of all, trying to clean a mountain of pans.
- Making butter, salting it, and packing it in wooden kegs for the Honolulu market required skill and ingenuity.
- In the early days of quarrying, one-foot holes were made and whole kegs of gunpowder used in blasting.
- Scott had ordered a keg of beer and that was that.
- On top of that there were also three kegs of beer.
- It was a sad day because it was a very old pub with its traditional style of old furniture, beer kegs, liquor bottles, grocery products and photographs.
- They wrestled against the back cupboard, knocking a keg of ale to the floor.
- One of his examples was the case of a brewer who sold kegs of beer to alehouses on credit but charged a price high enough to cover an interest charge and the risk of default.
- The wrong gas system will cause beer inside kegs to go flat or get foamy at the end of every keg.
- The monthly output of the brewery stands at 20 million bottles, 3 million cans and 80 000 kegs of beer.
- With the beer keg now open, the partygoers downed some schnapps and attacked the beer.
- Lauren returned with a few bottles of wine and Gregory with a large keg of ale.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.