In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- After two patients who underwent laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis in the same facility developed keratitis caused by Mycobacterium szulgai, a retrospective control study was conducted.
- The report provides information on the safety and effectiveness of four types of refractive eye surgery: radial keratotomy, photorefractive keratectomy, laser in situ keratomileusis and intraocular lenses.
- From the 1940s to the 1970s, different techniques in keratomileusis evolved in surgical alteration of the cornea.
- The laser in-situ keratomileusis procedure uses an excimer laser to make a thin flap in the cornea and etch away a predetermined pattern of tissue beneath the flap.
- About two million people in the United States have opted for laser-assisted intrastromal keratomileusis eye surgery.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.