In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The study included 41 healthy subjects who were given amphetamine, ketamine and then saline, in varying sequence.
- Operations were undertaken using ketamine and midazolam for anaesthesia.
- General anesthesia was induced with ketamine and xylazine, and maintained with ketamine.
- In other words, ketamine was the drug of choice for a number of users during a specific drug injection event.
- Among these drugs, ketamine is particularly noteworthy because it is commonly administered in multiple ways.
- Despite high doses of intravenous morphine and ketamine, the pain was unbearable.
- Preoperative haemorrhage and hypotension are contraindications to spinal anaesthesia, and ketamine is used in only severely ill women.
- Recent trends have favored the use of medications such as etomidate and ketamine, while familiar agents such as fentanyl and mid-azolam continue to be used widely.
- As a pharmaceutical, ketamine is distributed in a liquid form that can be ingested or injected.
- The three most popular drugs consumed in discos in Shenzhen were ketamine, ecstasy and cannabis.
- Most dangerously, anaesthetics and tranquillisers such as ketamine may also be added to ecstasy tablets.
- We reported that a large proportion of users did not combine ketamine with other drugs.
- Chloral hydrate, midazolam and ketamine are frequently used for sedation, but each has drawbacks.
- Interestingly, many abusers of ketamine report that the drug's effects are dependent upon the setting within which it is abused.
- Researchers found more and more users are turning to ketamine, a veterinary anaesthetic with strong hallucinogenic properties.
- Hong Kong customs agents have made a record seizure of the party drug ketamine and arrested four Singaporeans and three Malaysians.
- Firstly, ketamine is not just a veterinary anaesthetic but is still available in most operating theatres.
- In particular, the barbiturates, ketamine, and propofol are often reserved for deep sedation/general anesthesia and should be used with caution.
- The number of arrests involving the party drug ketamine has more than doubled in a year and offenders appear to be getting younger.
- Ketamine is injected intramuscularly, and as this leaves no visible traces of blood, the group that uses ketamine tends not to clean their needles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.