In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
Computing Telecommunications Television
1teclado numérico masculine
- Perhaps the use of a blue-on-blue colour scheme for the keypad was not such a good idea after all.
- This phenomenon is also often seen on heavily-used telephone keypads and computer keyboards.
- This technology will do away with the need for complex keypads on mobile phones, MP3 players, digital cameras and other handheld products.
- The bigger keypad and built-in joystick make it much easier to use than its predecessor.
- An electronic scoreboard, controlled by remote keypads operated by the judges, would eliminate the sense of mounting doubt that doubled as suspense at many contests and replace it with the real deal.
- Changeable cell phone covers and face plates to suit your mood, the latest holograms, flashing keypads and colorful gemlike keypads can bring a smile to your face.
- Spare or replacement batteries are also available, as are keypads, some of which flash.
- It's perfect for email if you can master the keypad and web browsing is available, albeit confined to a small screen.
- Still, dashing around the circular keypad is tough and does not make for lengthy e-mails.
- Everyone is familiar with thermoplastic elastomers used in toothbrushes, cellphone keypads or screwdrivers.
- Kids who've grown up playing video games and typing instant messages on mobile phone keypads have developed unusual dexterity in their thumbs, researchers in England have discovered.
- It gets lost in my deep trouser pockets, and the keypad buttons are pretty fiddly.
- The keypad has nice big keys, but it does have a strange layout - the middle row of keys are lower than the rest.
- People then use keypads, computers, telephones and television monitors to control the system themselves from either inside the house or from afar.
- You get to speak to an adviser straightaway after that and don't have to press buttons on your telephone keypad.
- This smartphone has a novel keypad that is well worth a look.
- You must use the number keys in the numeric keypad on the left of your keyboard.
- One of the options is the introduction of electronic keypads or touch screens, which make it virtually impossible to spoil ballots.
- Even though the phone is small in size, the keypads are well-designed, so much so that even with my big fingers, I had no problems punching the keys accurately.
- Tragically, many of these kids claim they have been using keyboards and keypads for so long, the idea of writing with a pencil scares them silly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.