In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pie de apoyo masculine
- Gandoff stopped the motorcycle and kicked down the kickstand.
- He popped his bike on the kickstand, and undid his helmet strap… to reveal curly blond hair, and freckly, soft looking skin.
- Another one involved me and a bunch of friends sitting around on motorcycles talking about them and flipping our kickstands and stuff.
- Kaeldra snapped the kickstand aside, uttered a few necessary words and the motorcycle roared to life.
- Hopping aboard my Zellers-purchased Ridge Racer, flipping the kickstand aloft and drifting out into the Kanata streets en route to work.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.