In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1secuestro masculinerapto masculine
- The backlash could include bombings, kidnappings, plane hijackings and even beheadings.
- When police checked his computer it contained information about kidnappings, murder and the mutilation of bodies.
- With all the murders, robberies and kidnappings, I have to wonder… where is the love?
- The nation never had so many murders, kidnappings and other serious crimes before in its history.
- If you know of anyone who might be involved with this string of kidnappings, please call your local police department immediately.
- Smith was charged with three kidnappings, three robberies and three firearms offences relating to alleged incidents on the day.
- Those guns would have been destined to be used in murders, robberies or kidnappings.
- Most of the kidnappings are by criminal groups that want a ransom, or sectarian groups that want to sow divisions.
- I refer to the state of crime, violence and kidnappings in our country.
- He said gang-related homicides and kidnappings continued to provide a serious challenge.
- The attack was only the second known kidnapping of foreign women since the wave of kidnappings began earlier this year.
- After hours of careful searches, the soldiers assisted by air surveillance found no evidence of any kidnappings or refugees at all.
- They have been behind many of the kidnappings of westerners in recent weeks.
- The threat of carjackings and kidnappings keeps people locked inside their houses.
- It is now one of the most dangerous parts of the country rife with crime, kidnappings and attacks.
- There have been reports of recent attempted kidnappings, muggings and stabbings.
- The threat to foreign contractors has escalated in the past month following a series of kidnappings and murders.
- But the government tags the group as a gang of bandits that specializes in kidnappings.
- He said too many kidnappings were taking place and the kidnappers were becoming richer at the end of the day.
- We saw more murders and kidnappings than ever before, and violent crimes took a quantum leap.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.