In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Anatomyriñón masculine(disease/failure) renalkidney donor — donante de riñón
- kidney transplant — transplante de riñón
- The most common cause is a failure of the kidneys to excrete uric acid fast enough.
- According to his mother, his liver, kidneys and muscles then began to break down.
- I think that the argument there is that it's not as risky as giving one of your kidneys.
- Treatment must be rapid to protect organs such as the kidneys, lungs, and liver from damage.
- Kidney transplants are an alternative to dialysis when both kidneys have ceased to function.
- They each had their own head, arms, legs, brain, heart, lungs, kidneys and liver.
- If the stretching affects both kidneys, then blockage to the urine pipe is possible.
- On the other hand there are some infants that are born with kidneys that never really developed.
- In some cases the infection can spread to other areas of the body such as the eyes, heart, kidneys, brain and skin.
- The soft parts of the body such as the liver, kidneys and spleen can also be looked at in this way.
- The cysts can replace much of the mass of the kidneys and can lead to kidney failure.
- She first did some research work in Naples on certain marine worms that live in the kidneys of sea birds.
- It causes the kidneys to get rid of unneeded water and salt from the body into the urine.
- In addition, waste materials cannot be transported properly to the lungs and kidneys for excretion.
- You can donate blood, bone marrow, even kidneys and even part of your liver as a living donor.
- It can also occur in the bowels, kidneys, bones and joints and can cause meningitis.
- These air bubbles can make their way to the brain, the heart, the kidneys and other vital organs.
- A small amount of urine drips constantly from your kidneys to your bladder through tubes called ureters.
- It acts slowly and mildly on the secreting organs, such as kidneys, skin and bowels.
- Thrombosis of the arteries to the kidneys can cause serious kidney damage.
- Free-range pork is gamey, sweet, tender with just a hint of kidney flavour.
- Similarly, the steak and kidney pie is now made with best blade steak rather than chuck beef.
- It's poached skate with fennel or lamb kidney sausage on bacon and onion bread.
- It was just nice to see Tom and my son getting excited because we had enough meat to make a steak and kidney pie.
- Tender meat, plenty of kidney, light pastry and tasty gravy would probably have been enough without the helping of chips.
- Another waitress was close on her heels with the two steak and kidney pies.
- Her recipe had steak and kidney cooking in the batter, but she said that leftover meat could be used.
- Breakfast consisted of fried bacon, sausage and kidney, coffee and Vienna rolls.
- It was definitely home-made, full of lean meat, plenty of kidney and rich gravy.
- The Pie Committee disbanded itself in indignation, several of whom went down the pub instead, where there were rumours of a nice steak and kidney.
- A rare delight is a pig's kidney the size of a fist baked slowly with thyme, tarragon, cream and snippets of bacon.
- The skewer lay on a vol-au-vent filled with a lightly truffled fudge of sweetbread and kidney, a faint lemoniness danced on my tongue.
- And my daughters prefer them to shepherd's pie, steak and kidney pudding or vegetable stew.
- The product names are exchanged for the ingredients of traditional British dishes, such as beans and chips and steak and kidney.
- They dish up a real feast: liver, kidney, some wonderful pink medallions.
- Follow that with steamed oxtail, beef and veal kidney pudding with roast shallots and buttered carrots.
- The steak and kidney pie was another solid item with lots of English gravy and considered to be good value.
- Steak, kidney and Guinness pie is just one of a number of tasty and filling pub grub dishes featured on Sean's Irish Pub menu.
- Liver and onions, fish and chips, Lancashire hot pot and steak and kidney pudding will be on the menu.
- They produce numerous different brands including beef and stout, beef and kidney, wild boar and venison.
- May this missive find its beholder sound of shank and in good kidney.
- And now, my hearties, be gay, and gaily read the rest, with ease of body and in the best of kidney!
3dated, formal(type)to be of the same/a different kidney — estar/no estar cortado por el mismo patrón
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.