In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1frijol masculinejudía feminine Spainporoto masculine Southern Cone
- Baked beans, lima beans, navy beans and kidney beans are all good choices.
- Pears, apples, cranberries, dried fruit, Brussels sprouts, okra, cabbage, carrots and other types of fruit and veg all contain lots of fibre, and so do beans and pulses, such as red kidney beans, broad beans, chickpeas and green lentils.
- The active ingredient in these products is an extract derived from a white kidney bean called Phaseolus vulgaris.
- Brown basmati rice and dark red kidney beans combine with fresh fruits and vegetables in this colorful main-dish salad.
- Respondents rated the same five legumes (peanuts, kidney beans, split peas, chickpeas and lentils) that they most preferred as also most preferred by clients.
- Legumes such as lentils, black-eyed peas, soybeans, chickpeas, kidney beans, navy beans, pinto beans and black beans are lowfat, filling and loaded with fiber, protein and carbs.
- At this time his body was smaller than a kidney bean, and just beginning to form limb buds - his future arms and legs.
- Smarter protein sources for salads are chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans or even marinated tofu.
- I was newly pregnant with my first child, whose embryo was about the size of a kidney bean.
- It involved two kinds of beans and one type of wheatberry - cranberry beans, kidney beans and wheatberries.
- You will need: large jar with lid, dried lentils, kidney beans, black beans, split peas or any other kinds of colourful dried beans, ribbon, raffia or twine.
- If your staple food is kidney beans, try black beans or lentils for a change.
- The light broth contained onions, red peppers and kidney beans, along with sliced olives and Parmesan to give it some extra interest.
- Foods that are high in fiber include black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans and many vegetables, such as broccoli and peas.
- It came with potatoes, garbanzo beans, kidney beans and green beans.
- This means I can finally get to use black beans and kidney beans in the recipes of choice.
- In a large pot, sauté onion in oil until soft, then add tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, basil, bay leaves, red kidney beans and sugar (optional).
- The farm, with 350 workers, is converting part of its 2,000-hectare area for conventional crops into land for organic soybeans, corn or kidney beans for export to Japan, Europe or the US.
- Many enzymes are shaped a little like a knobbly kidney bean, with a cleft in the inner curve.
- You can make it with minced beef, lamb, pork or chicken, or even do a veggie version of aubergine, sweet red peppers and red kidney beans.
con forma de riñón
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.