1diálisis (renal) femininehemodiálisis feminine
- Patients in the trust fitted with catheters, undergoing gut surgery, kidney dialysis and being treated on elderly medicine wards have been found to be more at risk.
- High blood pressure can be treated with medications, while the polycystic disease may require kidney dialysis or transplant.
- Matthew, 27, who lives in York, endured 18 months of kidney dialysis three times a week after work at York Hospital Renal Unit and also had to restrict his fluid intake and diet before the complex transplant operation.
- The high incidence of patients who traveled south for kidney dialysis finally led to a recommendation to establish a dialysis unit in Yellowknife.
- He did not need kidney dialysis and continues to respond to medication.