In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1diálisis (renal) femininehemodiálisis feminine
- Patients in the trust fitted with catheters, undergoing gut surgery, kidney dialysis and being treated on elderly medicine wards have been found to be more at risk.
- High blood pressure can be treated with medications, while the polycystic disease may require kidney dialysis or transplant.
- Matthew, 27, who lives in York, endured 18 months of kidney dialysis three times a week after work at York Hospital Renal Unit and also had to restrict his fluid intake and diet before the complex transplant operation.
- The high incidence of patients who traveled south for kidney dialysis finally led to a recommendation to establish a dialysis unit in Yellowknife.
- He did not need kidney dialysis and continues to respond to medication.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.