- Despite its essential inequities and hidebound nostalgia, Old England was a gentle place of tolerance, common sense, and universal kindliness.
- One reason they gave for moving away from Britain was the erosion of kindliness and good manners in the old country.
- Her friendliness, humble kindliness and her generous disposition won her the hearts of many people who came to know and love her personality.
- Her common sense and kindliness, combined with an inexorable flow of shrewd jokes, make it easy to see why she has become more than just another author.
- And if there is no kindliness nor understanding between them, what will my boy's fate be?