In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1energía cinética feminine
- A moving particle will carry with it the energy of its motion, which the physicists call kinetic energy.
- The molecules convert their kinetic energy into potential energy when they rise into the air just like the ball did.
- By lowering the centre of gravity, some potential energy is removed from the system and converted to kinetic energy - the energy of motion.
- One way energy is conserved is through the transformation of an object's potential energy into kinetic energy.
- The energy flow resulting from transforming kinetic energy into potential energy is heat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.