In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Artists rely on the structure provided by laws of kinetics and pattern and chemistry as much as on chance.
- In chemistry we talked about kinetics, and we had the Bunsens on to keep us warm.
- The physical chemist is concerned concerned with the rate of change in a substance, which is the study of reaction kinetics.
- It is possible to analyze the kinetics of a reaction using a very small amount of material.
- Chemical kinetics is the study of the rates of reactions and of the factors that determine the speed of a reaction.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.