In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1reino masculinethe Kingdom of Heaven — el reino de los cielos
- the plant/animal kingdom — el reino vegetal/animal
- till / until kingdom come — hasta el día del juicio final
- to blow sth to kingdom come — hacer saltar algo en pedacitos
- Its inward sign is the true spiritual kingdom: the covenantal relationship between God and believers.
- In its religious sense, kingdom is ‘the spiritual reign or authority of God.’
- The kingdom of God is the sphere in which he reigns - the place where his sovereignty and dominion express themselves.
- The kingdom is the place where God reigns - where his will is done.
- That said, obviously the kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.