In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cocina femininekitchen unit — módulo de cocina masculine
- kitchen waste — desechos de cocina
- The dining room has been used by the present owner as a sitting room and has a kitchen area with wooden floors to the rear.
- The kitchen is fitted with units of Canadian maple and includes a four-ring Miele gas hob.
- Their young children attend local schools and English is rapidly becoming the language spoken at the kitchen table.
- The interior is one big room and the open kitchen allows you to watch the cooks do their thing while you sip your drinks.
- I smiled and went up to my room, leaving him alone in the kitchen to prepare dinner.
- It was now early evening, and Vera was in the kitchen, preparing the food that she had sent Bill out for.
- Surprisingly for such a large building, air conditioning is only used for underground rooms and service areas such as kitchens.
- Judy regularly experiments with new recipes in her farmhouse kitchen.
- Now both men and women cook, and the kitchen is no longer just a utilitarian room.
- John is a man on a mission to persuade more of us to compost our garden and kitchen waste.
- Susan found Lila in the kitchen area, preparing a chicken for the evening meal.
- She scrambled down the stairs and through the living room to the kitchen where her mom was cooking dinner.
- Their top-floor living quarters included a kitchen, bathroom and lounge.
- Completing the accommodation is a ceramic tiled kitchen with fitted units and appliances, as well as a breakfast bar.
- When Jake arrived home, tired and hot, Lisa was in the kitchen throwing together a salad.
- We've become sedentary, convenience foods fill our kitchens, and stress is a common denominator.
- The fitted kitchen has solid maple units with a black granite counter top; the floor and ceiling are timber.
- We no longer live in a time when the routines of household life revolve around the rhythms of the kitchen.
- There are a number of apartment types on offer, including two-bed duplex units with separate kitchens, and apartments with an open plan layout.
- There is also a large patio area that borders the kitchen and dining room.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.