In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(cupboard)armario de cocina masculine
- This means the executive committee will be bypassed and more powers invested in his kitchen cabinet of advisers.
- And by their inaction, they not only handed authority to his unelected kitchen cabinet, but did great damage to the democratic process in this country.
- He was the prime minister of a supreme War Cabinet, backed up by a new Cabinet office and a kitchen cabinet of private secretaries.
- Throughout the turnaround period, the executives in the kitchen cabinet had essentially trained everyone else within the company to defer to them.
- Later on, the kitchen cabinet was given formal status when Franklin Roosevelt created the Executive Office of the President.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.