In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As we talk, his wife Geeta, her head wrapped in her dupatta, sits inside kneading the dough for dinner.
- Gently knead ingredients together by hand until dough is uniform but not sticky.
- As the baker kneads the dough, protein develops into gluten, which gives bread its rising power.
- Mother didn't appear the least upset, and continued to knead the bread.
- The pains aux raisins need to be started early, but if getting up at six to knead dough is not your idea of bliss, make them the night before and reheat in the morning.
- Tucking a loose strand of hair away from her face, she stopped kneading the dough in front of her and wiped her hands on her apron.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough one more time and divide it into four pieces.
- Add the flour in batches, and knead the dough until it comes together and gets buttery and brown.
- It was their job to haul the flour, stoke the fire, clean, cook, and most importantly, knead the dough.
- Transfer to a medium mixing-bowl, and add in the flour progressively, kneading the dough until it is no longer sticky and can be rolled into a ball.
- Whatever political correctness may say on the subject, kneading bread is undoubtedly women's work.
- OK, I am not too bad at cooking certain things if I may say so myself, but when it comes to pastry I can't even knead dough.
- Add a splash of water to bind and knead the mixture into a smooth dough.
- Using very clean hands, knead the dough in the bowl, adding more flour a little at a time, until the dough no longer sticks to the bowl.
- Now, you need to knead the dough for about 10 minutes.
- Knead the mixture, which will be sticky, thoroughly in the bowl.
- Transfer to a floured work surface and knead the mixture until it forms a smooth dough.
- Dust your counter with flour and knead the dough a few times.
- She prepared the dough for the bread, kneading it like a professional, and then placing it in the stone oven.
- He imported a pizza oven from Naples, employed an elderly Sicilian to knead the dough and, in 1965, opened the first Pizza Express on in Soho.
- The lump of clay is briefly kneaded to force out air bubbles.
- Rub 1 tsp olive oil on the work surface and knead the dough for 10 seconds, ending with a smooth, round ball.
- My hands move, stroking down his neck and across his shoulders and back, squeezing and kneading the muscles there.
- She was where she felt the safest and Logan kneaded her sore muscles expertly.
- Massage therapists knead patients' muscles and other soft tissues with their hands.
- I closed my tired eyes and kneaded the bridge of my nose.
- During the Watsu treatment, you float in the arms of your massage therapist, who kneads your muscles and stretches your arms and legs.
- He released Bono's hands, starting in again on his fingers, massaging and kneading the aching flesh.
- Some of our co-passengers would head for the spa where the expert masseuse would knead their knotted muscles.
- His fingers kneaded the tense muscles of her shoulders but it did very little to relax her.
- Pass the oil all over your partner's body, kneading and pressing as you go.
- Shane closed his eyes as she continued to knead his taut, sore muscles.
- She closed her eyes and enjoyed the masseur's soft hands gently kneading her skin.
- I had a quick shower, and was then back on the table to be covered with piping-hot towels then pummelled, kneaded and massaged all over.
- By applying pressure to and kneading these tissues, the massage therapist stretches and realigns the muscles, leaving them more flexible.
- During a massage, your practitioner kneads your skin, muscles and tendons in an effort to relieve muscle tension and stress and promote relaxation.
- Massage therapy is the stroking and kneading of the body's soft tissue to promote a feeling of relaxation and stimulate circulation.
- He kneads my flesh slowly now, using his fingertips to tease my skin.
- Massage involves the kneading, stroking and manipulation of your body's soft tissues - your skin, muscles and tendons.
- The kneading of muscles, which dominates in Swedish massage, is absent from Thai massage - energy points are pressed or general pressure is used instead.
- In a process known as endermologie, the skin and underlying superficial fat are kneaded and massaged by special mechanised rollers operated by a trained therapist.
- Ryuji began to knead his wife's shoulders, massaging out the knots of tension he could feel gathering there.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.