1(in boxing)(read as: nocaut or (in Spain) cao) K. O. masculine
transitive verbKO's, KO'ing, KO'd
1noquear informaldejar fuera de combate
- His final 5 bouts following the McClellan tragedy ended with a record of 2-3 with Benn being KO'd on 2 of those occasions.
- Conn had KO'd his last four opponents, including heavyweights Buddy Knox and Gunnar Barlund, both in the 8th rounds.
- It's sort of like when Buster Douglas KO'd Mike Tyson.
- Those days may have ended when Mike Tyson got KO'd by Buster Douglas.
- In his first fight as a pro, Foreman KO'd Don Waldheim in the third round an hour before Frazier and Quarry fought.