In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Cabbage, cauliflower, turnips, kohlrabi and Brussels sprouts predominate, but he also grows potatoes and sugar snap peas.
- The carrots, zucchini, and kohlrabi for the early meal's main casserole lay beside it.
- The pale delicacy of marinated yellowtail is bolstered by a feisty trio of kohlrabi, radish, and mint.
- Place the kohlrabi into a juicer and extract the liquid.
- The gardeners plant a good mix of vegetables, including cucumbers, snap beans, leaf lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kohlrabi, Swiss chard, beets, onions and more.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.