In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1corona (checoslovaca) feminine
- This will amount to an average of 50 korunas a month per patient, according to health ministry estimates.
- The move has proved unpopular with the public in Slovakia, where the average monthly wage is 14 000 korunas.
- Estonia, Lithuania, and Bulgaria rely on currency board arrangements, whereas the Slovak Republic has pegged the koruna to a basket of foreign currencies with fluctuation margins.
- Month-to-date, the Swedish krona, Hungarian forint, Czech koruna, and Norwegian krone have gained almost 5% against the dollar.
- For instance, the Slovakian koruna hit a record high against the euro on Mar. 8.
- One American, who obviously didn't want to join the queues, was fined 10,000 korunas when he tried driving across one of the closed bridges.
- According to the company-commissioned study, premature deaths from cigarettes saved the Czech government between 943 million koruna and 1.19 billion koruna (between $23.8 million and $30.1 million).
- The leading currencies were the Swedish krona, Swiss franc, Norwegian krone, Czech koruna, Australian dollar, Danish krone, euro and New Zealand dollar.
- She is seeking damages of 1 million koruna, daily newspaper Lidove Noviny wrote.
- On the downside, the Polish Zloty, Slovakia koruna, and South African rand declined 3%, while the Hungarian forint, Czech koruna, and Romania leu declined 2%.
- In addition to Danish krone, there will be Czech korunas - and Slovak korunas too, for that matter.
- He was fined a record 200,000 koruna and banned for 15 games Wednesday for criticizing a referee.
- The Polish zloty jumped 3.3%, the South African rand 2.5%, Czech koruna 2.0%, and Hungarian forint 1.9%.
- On the downside, the Polish zloty sank 4%, the Hungarian forint 2.6%, the Turkish lira 2.5%, and Czech koruna 2.3%.
- On the downside, the Czech koruna fell 1.4%, the Polish zloty 1.2%, and the Norwegian krone 0.9%.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.