1boniato masculinebatata femininecamote masculine Mexico Andes
- There is an old Maori saying that the kumara never says how sweet it is.
- We ate hangi for dinner - meat, smoky carrots and kumara cooked in baskets under the earth on hot rocks for over three hours.
- And then it grew to the size of a small root vegetable - perhaps a kumara.
- The climate in the area is warmer than in places further south and it is not possible to grow kumara further south.
- You could also use kumara for that sweet potato taste.