In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(estilo de música popular) kwaito masculine
- He adds that it is not kwaito, not hip hop but rather different genres mixed up.
- There is something for everyone at the third annual Soweto Arts Festival, from kwaito to hip-hop, from theatre to film and dance.
- Unfortunately I do not have a car but I like jazz and kwaito.
- This brings us to the common claim that much kwaito is apolitical.
- The film features rap, kwaito, hip-hop and traditional music from Zanzibar, Johannesburg and Cape Town.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.