In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1kirie masculinekyrie masculine
- We do the Gloria, the Sanctus, the Agnus Dei, and the Kyrie.
- They also played an excerpt from his Mass in C minor, with its haunting Kyrie.
- Traditionally, the Kyrie is a prayer in which individuals ask God for mercy.
- I came in during the Kyrie and played the end of it, and, when the priest had finished intoning the Gloria, I played a cadenza.
- We then had the Collect for Purity, after which the choir sang a musical setting of a ninefold Kyrie.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.