In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1laboratorio masculinescience/language lab — laboratorio de ciencias/idiomas
- lab tests — pruebas de laboratorio
- There is no doubt that the number of residential hydroponic labs is on the increase.
- The samples are tested each month in Ministry labs but at the city's expense.
- The protesters believe that any action that results in the saving of animals from the labs is justified.
- The leak occurs when animal rights activists break into the lab and free the lab's chimps.
- The secondary students at GIS are enjoying their science lessons in new science labs.
- The lab has been compiling data from primary care workers and hospital labs in Scotland.
- We all braced ourselves for the shrill scream of an alarm when Joseph hurled a brick at the window of one of the science labs.
- A friend who also used to work at the Help Desk ran into me at one of the campus labs one evening.
- We begin at a real crime scene, move through the forensic labs and a morgue, and end in a courtroom.
- We test white mice and worms in labs and we do experiments on sheep and monkeys.
- Let me describe the sort of experiment that's being done in a lot of labs right now.
- We can get different types of mice for our lab experiments until we run out of names for them.
- In the new building we all lost touch with each other as we disappeared into labs and offices separated by miles of corridors.
- If you think that isn't cool enough, my dad studies viruses for the medical lab in Atlanta.
- In December the upper school was hit when arsonists set fire to the science lab.
- All the lab equipment is up for grabs or a whole lab could be adopted and named after a company or founder.
- The debate about cloning is about scientists trying to create clones in a lab from an adult animal or human.
- She added that during the operation a number of labs, explosives caches and other materiel had been seized.
- Further remodelling and improvement to the science labs is due to take place this term.
- I knew that was why they always told us not to eat or drink in the science labs.
- I bought this Black Lab for my five year old granddaughter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.