1(absent)the necessary resources are lacking — faltan los recursos necesarios
- a sense of responsibility is sadly lacking among the staff — lamentablemente hay falta de responsabilidad entre el personal
- what I found lacking in her article was … — lo que eché en falta en su artículo fue …
2(deficient)to be lacking in sth — no tener algo
- he is completely lacking in tact — no tiene nada de tacto
- she's never lacking in suggestions — siempre tiene algo que sugerir
- Storage space for such a quantity of oil is presently lacking, and new facilities may need to be built.
- We live in a society today where spiritual, moral and ethical values are lacking amongst our people.
- This can serve as a fillip to activate and develop community spirit, so sadly lacking in the country.
- Despite his excitement, there are few things Ignaciuk finds lacking in his life in Bulgaria.
- What seems to be lacking right now is a national consensus about what it means to battle terrorism.
- Reports of exactly what is happening or has happened in Tal Afar are lacking, and those that are available have little detail.
- Even the seeds are partly or wholly lacking, and when present are very thin and small.
- Such information is often sorely lacking in many accounts, although one mistake was encountered.
- Anti-car policies, on the other hand, are still painfully lacking in Edinburgh.
- Evidence is lacking as to whether breast examinations can reduce breast cancer mortality.
- Police presence, which is lacking, should act as a deterrent for criminals.
- I know nothing of Camilla - except that wise influences on Charles seem lacking.
- So much is lacking here that the society does seem truly horrible, even if its people are superficially happy.
- What is lacking is the will by governments to feed the hungry, and the concern by enough of their citizens to force them to do so.
- TV coverage is lacking for both competitions, and the Elite League has not delivered the sponsors it was set up to serve.
- What is lacking is the vision and the statesmanship necessary to make that vision a reality.
- Also, the kind of good governance needed for a long term regional vision was lacking.
- The danger of an epidemic here is high, as sanitation is simply lacking.
- It exposed local musical talent and encouraged a community spirit often lacking in other towns.
- The only thing that's lacking here is running water, so the recommended way to cool down between sweat sessions is to take a snow bath.