In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As lactation continues it turns pink because it's very high in iron, and then later in lactation the milk is so thick it's almost like the thickest cream and you cannot even get it up in a pipette.
- Such features may vary according to whether the patient was pregnant, lactating, or had recently terminated her pregnancy or lactation at the time of surgical excision.
- Consider, for example, dairy cows with first and second lactation milk yield records.
- Their projections of lactation capability are often based on the assumption that any lactation is full lactation; that is, if a woman has any milk at all, she has a full milk supply.
- Although milk production decreased during early lactation, PPI and pregnancy rate were not influenced by treatment.
- Mammary glands during lactation were excised from two swh/swh and two swh / + females on the day of their delivery.
- And probably that reflects the fact that these women, if they are good at long time lactating, probably will eat more to keep that lactation going.
- Reduced DMI impacts the amount and duration of negative energy balance in early lactation, subsequent milk production and reproduction, and economic value.
- James's breed leader was the home bred second calver Winton Gibson Pamela which produced 9,000 litres of milk in her last lactation.
- Fluctuating hormone levels, particularly during puberty or menopause, may also cause lactation.
- Nutrition plays a major role in pregnancy and lactation.
- From here it was an easy step for early modern suspicion to extend to all female bodily fluids: tears, menstruation, lactation.
- The period that she produces milk for them is called lactation.
- Adoptive mothers should be counseled on the benefits of induced lactation through hormonal therapy or mechanical stimulation.
- Domperidone may increase the secretion of prolactin, a hormone that is needed for lactation.
- To induce lactation, the milk ducts of the breasts must be stimulated.
- Remarkably, the females give birth at this time of year; nursing sifaka mothers produce very dilute milk and thus lose significant amounts of water during lactation.
- These gaps close by the second week of lactation.
- Whether we measure bushels of grain per acre for row crops, pounds of gain per day for livestock, or liters of milk per lactation for dairy cows, innovation in agriculture has been dramatic.
- The pregnant woman accumulates fat during pregnancy to guarantee fetal development and lactation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.