In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lacto-vegetariano masculinelacto-vegetariana feminine
- Additionally lacto-vegetarians can get plenty of calcium from skim milk, nonfat yogurt, and low-fat cheeses.
- Is she a lacto-vegetarian, who eats and drinks dairy products?
- Salad sarnies, hummus and pitta bread and cheese on toast (only OK for lacto-vegetarians anyway) can get really boring.
- Similarly, a lacto-vegetarian is one who consumes dairy products, but no eggs.
- As a lacto-vegetarian, I love to cook Thanksgiving dinner, but it has never been one of my favorite meals to eat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.