In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1aislamiento masculinerevestimiento masculine
- Even after primitive use of crude lagging gave way to a more general use of preformed asbestos block insulation, such blocks were cut dry which could actually enhance dust production.
- As far as I know asbestos was in the pipe lagging and in the boiler house and all that was stripped out.
- In January 1998 the asbestos lagging to pipework was in an unsatisfactory condition.
- The engine appears mostly intact, but all the wood is rotten and asbestos lagging is still on the boiler.
- The foam lagging was so wet he had to wring the water out.
- It was used as insulation on the pipe lagging which ran throughout the factory and there was also asbestos in the roof.
- He would then work on the new pipe run and the laggers would come along the same day or the next day to put new lagging on the new pipework.
- The lagging will then cushion any further movement of the pipes that will occur.
- Jerry Jennings, property assets manager at Braintree Council, said the lagging, which is material which prevents loss of heat, had deteriorated through wear and tear.
- The sprayed asbestos particularly and the asbestos lagging to pipework was in an unsatisfactory condition in 1994.
- They are about water-lagging - putting lagging around water pipes to retain heating - and about energy conservation.
- To them the pipe lagging was a plaything, a source of fun.
- He claims that, while working as a labourer removing lagging from pipes in the Basement of Leinster House between 1986 and 1990, he was exposed to large quantities of asbestos.
- There seems to have been no lagging, and the heat loss must have been great, by radiation, or, in wet weather, condensation when it was wet.
- The lagging needs to be taken off and the boiler certified every two years.
- There was new wooden lagging on her right hand cylinder, but no jacketing, and the front head and piston had been removed.
- However if the boards were taken away and if some of the lagging were to be removed, it might be okay.
- I generally knocked off the asbestos lagging myself rather than wait for laggers and scalers to get there.
- Anything from boiler and pipe lagging, to roofing materials and ceiling tiles, water pipes, or cement products could have been made with the mineral.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.