In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1terrateniente masculinehacendado masculinehacendada feminine
- She claimed that the landowner could have built his home on land further back from the road on land which he had now sold.
- A Bradford Council spokesman said legally only the landowner could apply to a court for possession of the land.
- Upon the death of a landowner, land is divided in equal portions among the surviving children.
- The scheme was devised in response to a request from a landowner for projects to enhance the wildlife value of his land.
- In areas that are privately owned, the council encourages the landowners to keep their land free from litter.
- He is a former landowner, whose lands had been included in an agricultural reform programme decades before.
- They should only be ridden on private land with the landowner's consent.
- This is apart from the serious problems and costs it will cause landowners and land managers.
- Sometimes, too, the commune would rent or purchase additional land from the landowner or from the state.
- The bill still gives new powers to landowners to suspend rights of access to land and water for management reasons.
- The reality is that landowners will and do provide land for exactly these purposes.
- Corsham Town Council is opposing a landowner who wants to use his industrial land for shredding motor tyres.
- A lot of landowners are careful about letting the hunt on their land because of repercussions.
- One of the first programs instituted by the Japanese was land reform that made the landowner the sole owner.
- Would any local landowners like to write in and offer their land for this scheme?
- It will also be an offence for landowners to permit their land to be used for hunting.
- Although it reduced the power of the landowner, small absentee landowners emerged.
- A trespasser who enters another's land may cause the landowner no financial loss.
- Police are urging landowners to take care when burning heather on their land.
- It should be no part of the plan that it is for private landowners to retain land effectively as a public reserve.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.