In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)robo masculine
- Twenty-nine others were arrested for outstanding warrants on charges of burglary, larceny and malicious wounding.
- The most common crimes on campus today are burglary and larceny - not violent crimes.
- In essence, he's a ‘love me, love my dog’ kind of guy, with the pooch in question being larceny and theft.
- The most common offences included larceny, burglary, malicious damage, criminal damage and a host of motoring offences.
- Drug use is a factor in the lives of people before incarceration and may be an instrumental reason why crimes such as theft, larceny, and forgery are committed.
- Judicially speaking, injury and larceny are both crimes against the State, but in these criminal categories it is possible to identify particular victims.
- Crimes leading to imprisonment included prostitution, drug use, larceny, robbery, parole violation, and extortion.
- Robbery, theft and larceny are rampant; rape, wounding and shooting are on the rise; and murder and kidnappings appear out of control.
- After all, claim of right developed in relation to the law of larceny and where one was taking something physically that you believed belonged to you.
- Even the media have stopped reporting incidents of robbery, rape, larceny, car theft and other ‘minor’ crimes.
- Of course, a few social faux pas are better than grand theft larceny!
- It is also important to note that the majority of juveniles get arrested for property crimes, such as burglary and larceny, rather than for violent acts.
- Most major crimes, and the crimes most important in popular culture, are those of burglary, theft, larceny, and corruption.
- An indictment of Carol for larceny would therefore be properly subject to dismissal as unconstitutionally vague as applied to her case.
- The most prevalent property crimes are larceny, theft, burglary, and robbery.
- The remainder are mainly serving sentences of between six and 24 months for petty crimes; mostly larceny, shoplifting and prostitution.
- A concurrent effect to this drop in violent crime occurs in the form of an increase in some levels of property crimes, including larceny and auto theft.
- For example, the old case management system had separate incident categories for burglary, larceny, fraud and robbery.
- Children and adolescents disrupted public order by committing petty thefts and larceny, not by becoming drunk and disorderly.
- Petty theft and larceny are caused by poverty and frequent shortages of consumer goods, but violence is rare.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.