In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Other less common diagnoses included otitis media, pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, or a combination of these.
- The sound varies, from a simple single or double pattern of ‘dry’ cough, due, for example, to laryngitis, to the bubbling, rumbling cough sound of disease with much mucus in the airways.
- So from now on there'll be no childish attention-seeking and mentions of laryngitis and bronchial pneumonia every time I get a slight cough or sore throat.
- Adults may simply have a cold with laryngitis, but children may develop croup.
- In laryngitis, there is hoarseness, pain, cough and difficulty speaking.
- But by the time you get through singing in character not in your own voice you get laryngitis.
- A 72-year-old man who noted laryngitis in February 1998 was found to have a mass on the left side of his neck on physical examination.
- It can cause a variety of problems, including pneumonia, pharyngitis, laryngitis, ear infections, and a prolonged cough.
- They were used to cure obesity, hemorrhoids, nephritis, laryngitis, eye disorders as well as mental illness.
- Professional singers or people that use their voice excessively on a daily basis are particularly prone to laryngitis, so it is essential that they receive proper training so they do not damage or misuse their voice.
- Hydration and voice rest are the primary therapy of suspected infectious laryngitis.
- Occasionally, patients may present with rapid onset of hoarseness of voice similar to that encountered in acute viral laryngitis.
- In those days, people used to think I could cure them of laryngitis, leprosy or haemophilia just by touching them with my horn.
- The primary adverse events believed to be related to the study drug were transient laryngitis and hoarseness.
- Combined with peach seeds cud safflower, myrrh is good for stomatitis, gingivitis and laryngitis.
- Gastroesophageal reflux can lead to extraesophageal complications, including laryngitis, chronic cough, refractory asthma and dental erosions.
- Sporotrichosis needs to be considered in any undiagnosed granulomatous lesions with clinical laryngitis, tracheitis, and bronchitis, especially in the setting of steroid use with other risk factors.
- An early report in the Journal of the American Medical Association recommended diamorphine for the treatment of bronchitis, pneumonia, whooping cough, laryngitis, and hay fever.
- They are responsible not just for coughing and sniffling, but also for sore throat, croup, pharyngitis, laryngitis and bronchitis.
- Symptoms of acute laryngitis usually begin quite suddenly and get worse over 2-3 days.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.