In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1calor latente masculine
- Energy is required to provide the latent heat of evaporation for the phase change from liquid to gas (water vapour), which takes place in the cavity below the stomata.
- The theory of latent heat was used by Watt to successfully develop the separate condenser.
- Surface warming leads to cumulus convection and release of latent heat, producing warm temperatures throughout the troposphere.
- Also in year 10 we covered heat, including specific heat capacity and latent heat, and conservation of energy.
- He gave explanations of the nature of free heat and latent heat.
- Conversely, when a gas condenses, it must release this latent heat and become a liquid before it can cool below its boiling temperature.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.