- I'm not quite sure why he felt the need to Latinise the names of his fallacies but I suspect it put more people off reading the article than it encouraged.
- Colchester, whose name was now Latinized to Camulodunum, became the site of a substantial fortress for the Twentieth Legion.
- Jabir ibn Aflah is often known by the Latinised form of his name, namely Geber.
- Possibly the most famous musical instruments of all are the violins produced by the Italian craftsman Antonio Stradivari, better known by the Latinised name, Stradivarius.
- Abraham Ortel, known by his Latinised name of Ortelius, was born in Antwerp on 4 April 1527.
- The shortened, Latinised version of his name became Sancte Claus, which led to the obvious name of Santa Claus.