In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1plataforma lanzamisiles feminine
- Although the Chinese have reportedly studied a launch vehicle capable of launching up to 70 metric tons, they have provided no indication that they intend to build it.
- This launch vehicle carries a triple launcher which is raised for firing, with the armor plates moving to the side.
- It is then mounted to the launch vehicle using a special adaptor that will release it into space once the rocket has done its job.
- With the final selection of an architecture, full-scale development of a reusable launch vehicle could begin around the middle of this decade.
- The first launch of any new rocket is risky and few companies will want to put their very expensive new spacecraft on an untried launch vehicle.
- The problem, of course, is that one cannot by a launch vehicle by the pound: you either buy the entire vehicle, at perhaps a billion dollars in this case, or nothing at all.
- Its solid rocket motor ignited 5.2 seconds later sending the launch vehicle and research vehicle payload on its test flight.
- But the shuttle was still the launch vehicle that government programs were required to use, and it was subsidized in a manner to make sure no commercial competitors arose.
- The aircraft will climb to approximately 39,000 feet and release the launch vehicle and payload.
- Each ground system comprises a mobile ground control station with a datalink communications vehicle, a launch vehicle, a recovery vehicle and a refurbishing vehicle.
- Spacecraft operations engineers take control of the satellite after it separates from the launch vehicle up to the time when the satellite is safely positioned in its final nominal orbit.
- A kind of rocket-powered taxicab called a launch vehicle carries a satellite from earth into space.
- Both proposals are for complete missions, including launch vehicle, spacecraft and science instrument payload.
- The only regulatory regime that we have that allows safe flight for the general public while permitting revenue operation of untried vehicles is the launch vehicle regulatory regime.
- However, launch vehicle and spacecraft representatives will be available afterward to informally answer questions from the media.
- Using composite materials to reduce vehicle weight is one of the keys to successfully developing a single-stage-to-orbit launch vehicle.
- GPS managers faced the need to find a new launch vehicle for the now-grounded space shuttle and finish the still incomplete second-generation of satellites.
- The launch vehicle pushes the spacecraft onto a heading that pushes it in the direction of a final destination.
- A reusable launch vehicle program could be done for one to two billion dollars a year.
- This had worked well, since there was an obvious difference between a suborbital and orbital launch, and little chance of confusing a launch vehicle with an aircraft.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.