In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1legislador masculinelegisladora feminine
- They want corrupt lawmakers to be ousted and duly punished under any circumstances.
- As such, it said, the lawmakers and judiciary ought also to be blamed for the lack of job opportunities.
- Attempts by lawmakers of the democratic camp to relax controls of the legislation were also blocked.
- Part of the problem is that congressional lawmakers keep a close ear to the ground.
- The voice vote let lawmakers sidestep the roll call that usually accompanies major legislation.
- Tempers gradually cooled, but not until after a push by lawmakers to recall the president fizzled out.
- It was a real lowpoint in Parliament as lawmakers mourned their able colleague but the point was made.
- He is expected to meet with French lawmakers and senior Foreign Ministry officials Tuesday.
- There are a total of nine independent lawmakers in the current legislature.
- It seems that lawmakers are ignoring public opinion in making such an absurd decision.
- The public know the opposition lawmakers would be to blame if a no-confidence vote is pushed through.
- If elected, he would be one of the few lawmakers elected to office in two states.
- This means that half of all the lawmakers may represent only a quarter of the voters.
- When the president was a lawmaker he did not get along well with conservative papers.
- Without the power of detention, prosecutors cannot force lawmakers to appear in court.
- Policy-making was difficult and lawmakers are still faced with a backlog of dozens of laws.
- State lawmakers are passing laws that level the playing field for divorcing dads.
- The Magna Carta does not, as I understand it, curtail the sovereignty of the proper lawmaker to make what laws seem fit to him.
- The individual lawmakers are untouchable for anything they do as legislators.
- He remained a lawmaker in the Harare parliament until his death.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.