In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1legislador masculinelegisladora feminine
- He is expected to meet with French lawmakers and senior Foreign Ministry officials Tuesday.
- If elected, he would be one of the few lawmakers elected to office in two states.
- When the president was a lawmaker he did not get along well with conservative papers.
- They want corrupt lawmakers to be ousted and duly punished under any circumstances.
- The public know the opposition lawmakers would be to blame if a no-confidence vote is pushed through.
- The voice vote let lawmakers sidestep the roll call that usually accompanies major legislation.
- This means that half of all the lawmakers may represent only a quarter of the voters.
- Without the power of detention, prosecutors cannot force lawmakers to appear in court.
- It was a real lowpoint in Parliament as lawmakers mourned their able colleague but the point was made.
- He remained a lawmaker in the Harare parliament until his death.
- Attempts by lawmakers of the democratic camp to relax controls of the legislation were also blocked.
- It seems that lawmakers are ignoring public opinion in making such an absurd decision.
- The individual lawmakers are untouchable for anything they do as legislators.
- State lawmakers are passing laws that level the playing field for divorcing dads.
- There are a total of nine independent lawmakers in the current legislature.
- The Magna Carta does not, as I understand it, curtail the sovereignty of the proper lawmaker to make what laws seem fit to him.
- Policy-making was difficult and lawmakers are still faced with a backlog of dozens of laws.
- Tempers gradually cooled, but not until after a push by lawmakers to recall the president fizzled out.
- As such, it said, the lawmakers and judiciary ought also to be blamed for the lack of job opportunities.
- Part of the problem is that congressional lawmakers keep a close ear to the ground.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.