In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pleito masculinedemanda feminineto bring a lawsuit against sb — entablar una demanda contra algn
- Getting back to class action lawsuits, it is a brand new idea and brand new law for the country.
- The school argued it should be immune from such negligence lawsuits, and a trial court had agreed.
- Next day 50 people file lawsuits claiming they were on the bus and were injured.
- The legislation is limited to lawsuits against persons who ordered, abetted, or assisted in the torture.
- This, I think, is where fast food chains remain vulnerable to class action lawsuits.
- Is this person likely to be litigious and bring lawsuits crashing down on the company?
- Striking rail employees could be charged and lawsuits brought against their union.
- It is on the eve of the defendant's trip to India that the subject matter of the lawsuit arises.
- On the news today, maybe you heard about a lawsuit brought by parents of a child who was bullied at school.
- Companies that ignore the law face potential exposure to class action lawsuits.
- The bank is facing up to two dozen lawsuits from investors who claim they lost money by following its investment advice.
- It's obvious that prosecutions and lawsuits are far more trouble than they're worth.
- The classic tactic of corporations facing class action lawsuits of this nature is to stall for as long as possible.
- The company is the target of several class-action lawsuits, and cites this as an excuse for stonewalling.
- Needless to say there's more than a few class action lawsuits floating about at the moment.
- The lawsuit spawned a series of motions for various forms of interlocutory relief.
- But he warned that those who opt to bring lawsuits might end up with less than those who accept compensation.
- Those divorced through lawsuits still should present the written judgment by the court.
- The lawsuit claims the company knew that between five and ten percent of their targets were innocent.
- In a typical lawsuit, such witnesses would be free to speak with any parties or their counsel.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.