In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1abogado masculineabogada femininethe matter is in the hands of my lawyer — el asunto está en manos de mi abogado
- It also placed the lawyer who signed the affidavit of documents in jeopardy of an award of costs against him.
- It probably knew the judge was married to a lawyer, and thus had access to a free attorney.
- The Attorney general is a lawyer employed by the government of the day to provide legal advice that his client asks for.
- This is particularly true in schemes operated in many States where public defence lawyers are assigned to cases.
- While the lawyers were with the judge, he sat and waited at one end of the hallway on the fourth floor.
- Common law lawyers tend to talk about things assuming everyone knows what they mean.
- The lawyers and judges involved in its administration tend to be made from the same cloth and are regarded as no better.
- Women attorneys, doctors and lawyers are found in the provinces as well as in urban areas.
- We don't know, because the Act also permits the litigant and his lawyers to be excluded from the court.
- They are the cost of going to the court at all, lawyers or no lawyers.
- That only can be given to a representative or solicitor or a lawyer, or a court official.
- Civil and common law lawyers have been multivalent without talking much about it.
- Once you get lawyers and solicitors involved things tend to get dragged out.
- The canon lawyer called by the Plaintiffs also confirmed the church's policy of secrecy.
- Obviously a purchaser may or may not choose to give power of attorney to their lawyer.
- Nor will defendants who lose be made to pay more because the claimant's lawyers are being paid extra under a conditional fee.
- In a sense, you know who the plaintiffs' lawyers are; they are quite well known.
- Immigration lawyers and judges are thus drawn into a debate that is less and less theoretical.
- Despite the pleas of defence lawyers, the attorney general appeared to do nothing to urge restraint.
- In a court you will never get completely unbiased when lawyers are ruling on lawyers, will you?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.