In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1laxante masculine(effect) laxante
- People who rely on harsh laxatives may find that they too get caught up in a vicious cycle.
- If you're pregnant, seek your doctor's advice before using laxatives.
- In the United States, more than $800 million is spent on laxatives each year.
- In fact, using laxatives unnecessarily can actually cause constipation.
- You must take bulk-forming laxatives daily for the best effect.
- However, bulimics then ‘purge’ the food they have eaten through self-induced vomiting or by taking laxatives.
- Giving hospital patients laxatives and sedatives cries out for scientific scrutiny, to prove that their routine use is not harmful.
- Her doctor has told her that strong laxatives are dangerous.
- If the diet cannot be modified in this way, adding bulk laxatives may be necessary; they can prevent worsening of the condition.
- Your doctor may also ask you if you take any medicines such as birth control pills, laxatives or diet pills.
- Does she take laxatives or diuretics to lose weight?
- When taking a medical history, it is also important to take a dietary history to ask about the use of laxatives or diuretics.
- Osmotic laxatives such as lactulose are effective alternatives to soften hard stools.
- For constipation, an osmotic laxative is preferred over stimulant laxatives.
- Functional fibre is found in bulk laxatives, fortified foods, beverages, and dietary supplements.
- If the diverticulitis is not severe, treatment will be with painkillers, antibiotics, laxatives and dietary advice.
- Haemorrhoids should be managed conservatively, using laxatives and dietary fibre.
- Ask your doctor or nurse about the use of stool softeners or laxatives.
- Herbal laxatives and diuretics may result in temporary weight loss.
- Make sure the patient receives adequate fiber in their diet, but avoid laxatives and enemas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.