In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine capafeminine capamasculine estratoher hair was cut in layers — llevaba el pelo cortado en capas
- the novel has several layers of meaning — la novela tiene varias lecturas / interpretaciones
- In all cases, evaporation from the pots was minimized by covering the exposed surface with a layer of filter paper.
- Most polishes and waxes leave a layer of wax on surfaces to protect finish.
- Arrange a layer of fish, skin side down, at the bottom.
- In the case of a wall like this, because it's very densely packed, and then it is coated with a layer of plaster inside and outside, it's a zero fire hazard.
- Further, the ionization of the gas by the electrons removes the need to coat the sample with a layer of conductive material.
- Like your eyelashes, so blond they were only noticeable when you blinked and the top row met the bottom in a layer of double thickness.
- I hope you're aware that these walls are only a layer of sheet rock and a bit of plaster!
- Thatch is a layer of fibrous material, which if it becomes too deep, prevents proper drainage of rain.
- Over that there was a layer of soft black material, open at the front to show the red dress beneath.
- It was a layer of slime that coated every surface, reducing all materials to the same revolting color and dimming the lights to an anemic yellow.
- Then an insulator material is layered over the base, followed by a layer of superconducting material.
- It has the same sidecut as the original, with changed graphics and a layer of metalic material.
- Repeat until you have 3 layers of pumpkin filling, finishing with a layer of lasagne sheets.
- These tissues then provide a layer of insulation between the body core and the surface.
- Then they covered the surface with a layer of hydrogen atoms.
- The glass is 1.5 inches thick with a layer of material sandwiched in between to further improve blast resistance.
- Depending on various factors, you might need to place a layer of base material on top of the subgrade.
- In fresh, unhomogenized milk the droplets of fat float to the surface, forming a layer of ‘top of milk’.
- Cut the pasta sheets to size and arrange a layer of pasta over the base of the dish.
- Once the desired quantity of trees had been installed, a layer of geotextile material was deposited on top to keep contaminants out of the stream.
2.1(hen)ponedora femininegallina ponedora feminine
- The actor is a former asphalt layer who is renowned in television circles for his singing voice.
1(arrange in layers)I had my hair layered — me corté el pelo a capas
- layer the pasta and the sauce in a dish — ponga la pasta y la salsa en capas en una fuente
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.