In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine capafeminine capamasculine estratoher hair was cut in layers — llevaba el pelo cortado a capas Spain
- the novel has several layers of meaning — la novela tiene varias lecturas / interpretaciones
- Most polishes and waxes leave a layer of wax on surfaces to protect finish.
- In the case of a wall like this, because it's very densely packed, and then it is coated with a layer of plaster inside and outside, it's a zero fire hazard.
- It has the same sidecut as the original, with changed graphics and a layer of metalic material.
- I hope you're aware that these walls are only a layer of sheet rock and a bit of plaster!
- Once the desired quantity of trees had been installed, a layer of geotextile material was deposited on top to keep contaminants out of the stream.
- Depending on various factors, you might need to place a layer of base material on top of the subgrade.
- Further, the ionization of the gas by the electrons removes the need to coat the sample with a layer of conductive material.
- Like your eyelashes, so blond they were only noticeable when you blinked and the top row met the bottom in a layer of double thickness.
- In all cases, evaporation from the pots was minimized by covering the exposed surface with a layer of filter paper.
- It was a layer of slime that coated every surface, reducing all materials to the same revolting color and dimming the lights to an anemic yellow.
- Then they covered the surface with a layer of hydrogen atoms.
- These tissues then provide a layer of insulation between the body core and the surface.
- Arrange a layer of fish, skin side down, at the bottom.
- The glass is 1.5 inches thick with a layer of material sandwiched in between to further improve blast resistance.
- In fresh, unhomogenized milk the droplets of fat float to the surface, forming a layer of ‘top of milk’.
- Cut the pasta sheets to size and arrange a layer of pasta over the base of the dish.
- Repeat until you have 3 layers of pumpkin filling, finishing with a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Then an insulator material is layered over the base, followed by a layer of superconducting material.
- Over that there was a layer of soft black material, open at the front to show the red dress beneath.
- Thatch is a layer of fibrous material, which if it becomes too deep, prevents proper drainage of rain.
2.1(hen)ponedora femininegallina ponedora feminine
- The actor is a former asphalt layer who is renowned in television circles for his singing voice.
1(arrange in layers)I had my hair layered — me corté el pelo en capas
- layer the pasta and the sauce in a dish — ponga la pasta y la salsa en capas en una fuente
- She had long layered black hair, which looked bluish purple in some light.
- Abby had flared out layered blonde hair with red highlights throughout and steaming brown eyes.
- Alex had shoulder length, layered blonde hair and perfectly shaped eyebrows that came with a set of perfect brown, cat-like eyes.
- At the moment her hair was layered, and light brown with hot pink tips.
- I pulled a brush through my long and layered black hair.
- Tilting my head, I saw Gabby along with the whole squad of Freshmen cheerleaders, all seemingly identical with their uniforms, long nails, pouty lips, and layered hair.
- My formerly straight hair was now layered and somewhat puffy.
- Her hair was perfectly layered and moved beautifully around her throughout the episode!
- He had layered red hair, the longest parts reaching just past the nape of his neck, which flipped around his head in a semi-messy manner.
- Other than the cut, they also layered my hair all over the back to give it more body but left the front layers long and without any tapering in order to better frame my face.
- She has short, red, layered hair that stops just below her ears.
- I layered my hair, I wore clogs, I floated around in gauzy peasant shirts and played my folk guitar.
- Ashlee's hair is layered to just below her shoulders.
- She watched as a woman entered the room, pushing layered gold-brown hair away from her face.
- The first female had layered blond hair and glittering green eyes.
- Find and inspect some pictures of people with curly, layered hair.
- He had long, straight, layered brown hair and green eyes.
- His hair was layered and flipped out in different directions.
- Her long, black hair was layered and strewn seductively over her shoulders and back.
- She twirled her fingers in his long, artfully layered auburn hair.
- Autumn is a good time to propagate shrubs by layering, a simple technique that can also be done in spring.
- Autumn or early spring is a good time to start layering a shrub.
- Rather than buying more plants, Eva propagates her own by layering.
- One of the easiest ways to propagate shrubs is by layering - bending down a branch so it roots directly in the soil.
- Raise new plants from seeds or cuttings, and by layering, and provide support with trellises, pergolas and other structures.
- He keeps his going to get a second crop by layering it.
- Some plants propagate naturally by layering, but sometimes plant propagators assist the process.
- In most cases you are advised to leave the layering until the plant is in growth the following year.
- To propagate, follow the same procedure as with red currants - take cuttings in late fall or early spring, or propagate by layering.
- Propagation can be done by air layering but patience is required as it may take awhile before layered segments root and can be removed from the parent plant.
- Because it required excessive care and patience, air layering was used only by the highly trained plantsman.
- If you're planning to share this shrub with a friend, you can layer it directly into a pot.
- It is also propagated by layering, divisions and by seed which it sets in profusion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.