In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pereza feminineflojera feminine informal
- I stay with them through apathy and laziness, despite the fact that I could find a cheaper partner elsewhere.
- The fall in the number of people voting has very little to do with inconvenience, apathy or laziness in the electorate.
- Another problem is the laziness of shop owners and law enforcers.
- I no longer maintain the harsh criticism that students harbour apathy or laziness.
- Many believers feel inadequate and discouraged, but this is no reason for laziness or inactivity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.