In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The big difference with the JTS engine is that it can use ordinary lead-free petrol, while still giving worthwhile improvements in power and torque outputs over the existing 2.0 litre twin spark unit.
- Initially lead-free fuel was needed for catalyst-equipped cars introduced into the U.S. and Japan markets in the mid-1970s.
- This will be done by using lead-free petrol and by fitting catalytic converters to vehicles.
- With the introduction of lead-free petrol, hopefully the figures should fall, as they have in Delhi and Mumbai, which require unleaded gasoline.
- In the same way that oil companies moved rapidly to lead-free petrol, PC manufacturers wish to cut out the contaminating element by moving to non-lead alternatives.
- Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh have now all recently switched to lead-free petrol (after different phase-ins in the three countries), thereby reducing lead levels substantially in the atmosphere.
- The improvement is due to the city's encouragement of lead-free petrol which started in 1997.
- ‘The engines will be using lead-free fuel and will have the most modern catalytic converters so there should not be a problem,’ he said.
- ‘That has led to the virtually lead-free fuel status we currently enjoy,’ he said.
- The average blood lead level of Johannesburg children taking part in a study has dropped by 25 percent since the introduction of lead-free petrol in 1996, the SA Medical Research Council said yesterday.
- Public awareness of the problem has led to the wide use of lead-free petrol and reduced levels of environmental lead.
- A precedent for the scheme was established when the development agency was involved in subsidising the installation of lead-free petrol pumps in remote areas in the 1980s - but this time the fuel companies are eager to be involved.
- This may be caused by carcinogenic additives to lead-free petrol such as benzene.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.