1(in baseball)primero en turnoprimero al batelead-off runner — primer relevo masculine
- He's also the greatest lead-off man of all-time, and probably the third-greatest leftfielder in history behind Ted Williams and Barry Bonds.
- In the '70s the idea of a lead-off man hitting 30 home runs was preposterous.
- He strikes out the lead-off man, then walks the next three batters.
- The largest determination of how many runs are likely to be scored in an inning is whether or not the lead-off man reaches base.
- As has been well documented, the White Sox lead-off man has now hit two homers in the playoffs after failing to go deep during the regular season in more than 500 at-bats.