In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1intoxicación por plomo feminine(chronic disease) saturnismo masculine
- Acknowledged as an occupational disease, lead poisoning is a disabling illness.
- Children can get lead poisoning by chewing on pieces of peeling paint or by swallowing house dust or soil that contains tiny chips of the leaded paint from these buildings.
- Some experts believe the toxins in our drinking water are the number one health threat causing cancer, heart disease and lead poisoning.
- Strategies for the primary prevention of lead poisoning have only been implemented within the past 25 years.
- They have poorer oral hygiene, more lead poisoning, more asthma, poorer nutrition, and less-adequate pediatric care.
- Other causes of encephalitis include influenza, listeriosis, brucellosis, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, whooping cough, rabies and lead poisoning.
- Such a lead content is sufficient to cause chronic lead poisoning if it is applied regularly over the eyelids, especially during childhood.
- The United States can ill-afford growing sites of endemic disease, lead poisoning, and mental illness.
- The management of lead poisoning remains challenging.
- They add that relying on asking parents about the age of their home to determine which children should be screened for lead poisoning is inadequate.
- In all core cities, the main housing units most likely to be a source of lead poisoning are rental units frequently owned by persons who live out of town.
- Children with lead poisoning are prone to neurotoxicity, although the mechanism is not well understood.
- Lead builds up in the tissues, and chronic lead poisoning can cause mental retardation and sterility.
- Less common causes of microcytosis are thalassemia and lead poisoning.
- Many children exposed to the exhaust fumes from such petrol suffered chronic lead poisoning.
- Some people's genes are more susceptible to lead poisoning… but lead poisoning isn't healthy for anyone.
- Iron deficiency can also lead to better absorption of lead, which increases the risk of lead poisoning in children, especially those living in older homes.
- Anyone can get lead poisoning but some children are at greater risk.
- We used the same analytic strategy to examine environmental risk factors for lead poisoning in the subsample of children.
- In these days when so many men are using cutting torches, the physician must be on the watch for acute lead poisoning.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.