In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It's hard to pin down the most amusing thing, but it has something to do with his name suddenly going up on the leader board.
- But, as the names were going up on the leader board, it grew apparent what the day had in store.
- A lesser man would have shuddered at the sight of his name at the top of the dreaded leader board after my three-under-par 67.
- After leading by three shots, I disappeared from the leader board, but I was still enjoying myself.
- The quality of the course is reflected by the quality of the leader board.
- Every so often you hear about a tour player coming down the stretch not knowing where he stands on the leader board.
- In division two both managed to keep their rounds together to tie at the top of the leader board with very creditable scores of 34 points.
- The leader board turned seriously weird on Saturday.
- You can't imagine how hard it is to watch the leader board when you're that close to going home in a major.
- He went out on a day in which he had to share equal billing with that fickle lady, Mother Nature, and finally got his score under par and his name on the leader board.
- The PGA didn't entirely belong to him the first two days, even though he was at the top of the leader board.
- Although only two strokes out of the lead that Friday, he never made it either onto the leader board or into the interview room.
- But quickly the names on the leader board were re-arranged.
- But as the final round unfolded, he found himself creeping up the leader board.
- Since his return from England, Len has been high on the leader board every week and he is now playing consistent golf.
- At the British Open, he is not the leader, but he is on the leader board.
- The first that comes to mind is 1960, when the last round began with as gaudy a leader board as you could wish for.
- And I wouldn't be surprised to see his name on a college-tournament leader board real soon.
- We added a leader board in the staging lanes that will help competitors keep track of how each of the seven divisions are doing in the team competition.
- I liked the idea that mine was the last name they wanted to see on the leader board.
en el que se anotan la puntuación y los nombres de los que van a la cabeza de la competencia
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.