1insecto hoja masculine
- Leaf insects, so-called because they resemble broad leaves, are grouped in the same order as stick insects, Phasmida, however only about 30 species of the total 3000 are leaf insects.
- The eggs of the leaf insect are normally just scattered on the ground and will hatch in the spring.
- Part of the challenge - and intrigue - in researching leaf insects is their rarity.
- The eggs of the spiny leaf insect are oval in shape and can be distinguished easily from the insect's droppings.
- In Australia, stick insects are found in most places, but leaf insects are only found in north Queensland.